Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ann Arbor DIY Festival!

So this weekend was a fun firsty! I was able to (finally) do a workshop with the Ann Arbor Free School! I met a wonderful new friend (Katy) at the Flojo Circus and we connected enough that she offered me the chance to be a guest workshop runner! It was so much fun! I was originally going to do gothic lolita top hats, but the plan fell through when they asked me to cut the workshop down to being a shortish workshop that people could just walk up to without actually planning to have joined in a workshop. I redid my plans and we (Katy and I) decided that I should do DIY paper corsages for the DIY prom that was to be held on Saturday.

In the end my 1 hour workshop turned into a 3 hour success. People kept coming over to do the craft, and they were excited to use all of my found objects and my recycled paper! It went so well that Free School has asked me back to do another workshop later in August! I'm so excited! It is my dream to be able to be an adult teacher instead of having to pull a lame 9 to 5. Below is a picture of the corsages that we made.

-Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment