Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I found a couch!

I live in an apartment complex, for just one more month. Add to that, in the world of Ann Arbor, MI this time of year means it's Hippie Christmas. This means that all of the students at the local Universities are going home to their parents' for the summer, so they are leaving all of their furniture on the curb for everyone else to take back to their abodes. I have pretty much decorated my house on Hippie Christmas finds, and it is awesome to live in a place like this where I can find everything that I want and need on the side of the road.

Today in the finds there was a very old leather reclining chair. It was rainstorming outside, but I just couldn't pass it up. The chair was completely un-salvageable, but the leather on it was in pretty good shape. I took a knife out to the trash bin and gutted all of the leather off of it.

I'm feeling pretty good about this decision.

When I got inside I took the hair dryer to a couple of smallish pieces so I could whip up a little necklace that I'd been seeing on Pinterest a lot lately before we went out for date night. It was great! Super fast to make, and I can make it in a few different color schemes to go with different outfits.

I hope I can find another couch soon in a different color! That would open up a whole new set of things for my wardrobe!


No comments:

Post a Comment